How to connect to your VPS using RDP
This guide has been moved to our community forums, please review how to connect to RDP here : http://cloudieweb.com/community/index.php?threads/how-to-connect-via-rdp-and-change-your-password-for-the-first-time.42/
In order to connect to your new windows VPS, you must use a third party client that was designed to connect remotely to another desktop. The following two options are options we recommend here at cloudieweb.
1. VNC Viewer. You can download it from here : https://www.realvnc.com/download/viewer/
2. Windows native RDP client. You can view the video guide on how to connect to it here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-oadqBRzM
Important Note : When connecting to your windows VPS for the FIRST TIME, you will need to change your password. In some situations, your RDP client will not be able to accomplish this for you. In cases like this, you would want to log in and access your VNC client. You can do so by following the instructions below:
This method is ONLY required if your RDP client will NOT change the password remotely. If you get an error about changing your password, but no way to change it using RDP, then you will need to use VNC.
- When you first signed up, you were provided with a welcome email, please read over this email, and scroll to the bottom of the email. The subject of the email would be : New cloud server information
- The bottom of this email tells you where to go, and how to log in.
- Once you log in via the http://svm.cloudieweb.com link provided, using YOUR user name and YOUR password, then you will see a list of available servers in your account.
- Select the server name, and you'll be taken to another page.
- On this other page you will see quite a few options, you can use these options to make the needed changes to your vps.
- Look for the icon labeled " VNC Viewer ", or just " VNC ". Once you select this, youll be taken to a new plage with three green buttons below. Select the green button that says " HTML VIEWER ", do NOT select the SSL version, as it will not work.
- Once you are in the VNC screen you can treat it just as an RDP connection, log in, change your password, and now you can log into RDP without having to change your password.
If, after watching the video you are still having trouble, please feel free to a ticket with our 24/7 support team, or join us in a live chat and we'll happily assist. If opening a ticket, please ensure it gets added to the TECHNICAL SUPPORT Department, or it's likely it may not get answered as quickly as you would like.
Was this answer helpful?
By default fresh installation of Windows Server 2008 have Enhanced Internet Explorer Security...
If you have a windows VPS, you will not be able to reset your password, by design, the system was...
If you have a windows VPS with cloudieweb, and you did not purchase manged services, we will not...